Notice to everyone on the L4 list as of March 13th, 2016
The molds are going to take longer to make than I anticipated - I was
shooting for mid-april release, but the molds are large enough and
complex enough (I guess) that it is going to take almost another month
to make them compared to what it took to make the L2 molds. I didn't
expect that. So now I'm looking at a late May release date, and I'll
leave the possibility of early June on the table so that I don't have to
make this kind of announcement again.
Because of that, I'm considering an alternative offer to those who don't want to (or can't) wait that long.
Turbo L2 Performance Guarantee (L4 Waitlist)
If you purchase an L2 (Rev 4 only) it will come with a performance
guarantee that says basically if you don't feel it is quite "cutting the
mustard" for you after 3 to 6 months of use, I'll credit you back the
full purchase price (not including shipping) and apply that towards a
larger unit. You would just have to pay for the difference (for an L4
$549 - $399 = $150, no additional shipping for the L4
) and then pay to
ship the L2 back to me.
: You must be in the CONUS (Lower 48 states of the US)
you are international, I can still ship you the L2 but I can't offer the
swap out due to the expense of shipping (both for you and me, unless
you're really OK with that); for international, you would have to sell
the L2 yourself and buy the L4 (but I would work with you on the
: You have to currently be on the L4 waiting list
, but I'm a
little flexible on this
. If you are not "officially" on the list, or
are just reading this, and were really thinking about/wanting an L4 or I
would recommend or have recommended an L4 based on your tank setup,
I'll take care of you. This also applies to anyone to whom I have
already said "I think you might need an L4 but might be able to get away
with an L2" etc...
: If you are on the L8 or L16 waiting list
, I'm about 95% sure that an L2 is not going to
cut it for you, but I'm good with the same deal except for the shipping -
I can't say for sure but worst case I would split that with you so if
it normally would be $60, it would be $30, etc (you pay the cost
difference + 50% shipping for L8/16, and pay to ship L2 back to me.Condition 3
: You must use the L2 until I have worked through the left-over waitlist
(those who didn't take the deal), but you will not have to use the L2 for more than 3 months; at least, that is my goal - it is somewhat dependent on the overall production schedule!
Any of my existing customers can tell you that when it comes to service,
I try to bend over backwards. When it comes to deficiencies, I'm like a
- When I first started making scrubbers (the Rev 1, in June of 2012), I
sold Eheim Compact 1000 pumps to about 25 people that turned out to not
be good enough (long term head loss was horrible) so I shipped everyone
who purchased one of those a Rio 1100 on my dime (free pump, free
- When I realized that the Schedule 40 PVC pipe was
translucent enough to allow algae to grow inside the pipe (not a problem
with CFL or T5) I replaced everyone's pipes with electrical Sched 40
(then switched to Schedule 80 for better resistance to slot pinching).
- More recently, the power supply I had selected for use with my custom
LED driver turned out to be a super cheap piece of junk so I replaced
~30 power supplies with a Meanwell on my dime (no cost, no shipping,
Bottom line is that I take care of my customers
It might take me a while, but I do it.
This is my goal with this Performance Guarantee - to take care of my
customers. If you take me up on this offer, you may find that the L2
does just fine in their systems, which will result in you saving money!
Please Contact me
if you are interested in taking me up on this. If you
are on the L4, L8, or L16 waitlist, I'll be contacting you directly via PM or